Field Technician EG-02
Salary ranging from $52,662 to $64,070
Isolated post allowance (Northern living allowance) ranging from $25,270 to $42,117
Located in Cambridge Bay; English Essential
Due to limited housing only candidates currently living in Cambridge Bay will be considered. Selection may be limited to Inuit beneficiaries and Northern residents, in support of POLAR's priorities and organizational needs.
This position is part of the Field Operations Team, supporting national and international research projects at the Canadian High Arctic Research Station (CHARS). The Technician provides support for visiting scientists, researchers, technologists and engineering experts at the CHARS campus and in the field. They assist with the planning, implementation, technical support and research projects as well as help maintain technical equipment and assist in data collection. Support may also include the use of snowmobiles, ATV’s, trucks, small vessels, firearms for predator defense, satellite phones, GPS and mapping units. Field work and operations is conducted all year, in all weather.
Perks of the job
- Vacation travel allowance given twice a year for you and your dependants
- Flexible work schedule at the new state-of-the-art CHARS campus
- Training and mentorship opportunities
- Progressive range of health benefits including medical and dental
The job requirements
- A secondary school diploma or employer-approved alternative.
- Experience in conducting field work including data collection, using various instruments and taking measurements, recording technical notes and maintaining equipment and/or vehicles
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing
- Showing initiative and being action oriented
- Working effectively with others
- Respectful of diversity
- A valid Federal Firearms Possession and Acquisition License (PAL)
- A valid provincial or territorial driver’s license
How to apply?
Submit your resume and a cover letter, explaining how you meet the job requirements, using any of the following methods below.
- ONLINE: email@example.com
- IN PERSON: Submit your application at the front reception at the Canadian High Arctic Research Station (CHARS)
- BY MAIL: Canadian High Arctic Research Station (CHARS), 1 Uvajuq Road, PO BOX 2150, Cambridge Bay, Nunavut X0B 0C0
Contact us for more information at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Date modified: