Annex: Government of Canada apps
Some interesting examples you may wish to check out.
WeatherCAN brings authoritative and current weather data directly to Canadians, drawing its weather data and information from Environment and Climate Change Canada to ensure Canadians receive the most up-to-date forecasts.
- Environment and Climate Change Canada has been developing and testing its new weather app since fall 2017. Over 50,000 Canadians downloaded the beta version of the app and their valuable feedback was integrated into the design. Only two weeks after its official launch, WeatherCAN had been downloaded over 280,000 times.
Government of Canada Recalls and Safety Alerts
The Government of Canada’s Recalls and Safety Alerts digital service provides Canadians with information on recalls and safety alerts about consumer products to food and vehicles. Wherever. Whenever.
Parks Canada app
The Parks Canada App is a one-stop shop for all your Parks Canada adventures. Parks Canada’s official mobile app has all the essentials you’ll need to plan a successful trip. Discover Parks Canada’s lesser-known hidden gems, tag special events you don’t want to miss, create a personalized packing list, unlock fun frames and stickers and instantly share your photos to Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram. It also has all the information you need to make your first camping trip a success: camping basics and insider’s tips, packing checklists, national park information, and recipes and cooking advice.
Canada Border Services Agency’s CanBorder – eDeclaration
Canada Border Services Agency’s CanBorder – eDeclaration is a quick, simple and secure way to save time when you arrive in Canada by air. Once downloaded, it stores only non-sensitive information. It:
- allows you to create a declaration in advance for up to five travellers with the same place of residence.
- generates a quick response (QR) code that you scan at a Primary Inspection Kiosk.
- reduces your processing time at a Primary Inspection Kiosk by up to 50% upon arrival.
Canadian Armed Forces’ (CAF) Road to Mental Readiness (R2MR) mobile app
Canadian Armed Forces’ (CAF) Road to Mental Readiness (R2MR) mobile app is a training tool designed to improve short-term performance and long-term mental health outcomes in support of CAF members, family members, and the general public.
- Several allied countries use tailored versions of the app for research purposes and training
- The R2MR app is in the process of being configured to support civilian workplace audiences across Canada, including the RCMP, provincial and municipal police forces, firefighters, and other public safety personnel.
Library and Archives Canada Cataloguing in Publication
©Her Majesty the Queen in Right of Canada (2019)
All rights reserved
All requests for permission to reproduce this document or any part
thereof shall be addressed to the Privy Council Office.
Cette publication est également disponible en français :
26e Rapport annuel au Premier ministre sur la fonction publique du Canada
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: