The road ahead...
We are now building on this momentum by focusing on our individual and collective mindsets and behaviours to make the Public Service more agile, inclusive, and better equipped. Every public servant can make a difference.
Adopting more open and collaborative approaches within and beyond government is a critical element for success. We are inviting everyone into our Public Service renewal agenda.
We will report regularly on our progress, including our challenges and setbacks, and our breakthroughs. We will share and celebrate innovative approaches from public servants across Canada through events like the Innovation Fair as we move forward on Beyond2020.
The Public Service of Canada is a good story. We do not hear enough about the incredible stories of innovations and creative solutions generated across the Public Service every day, and I want all of us to tell them.
During my time as Clerk, I have been fortunate to have engaged thousands of public servants through nearly 150 speaking engagements across the country. I have also communicated with them, and Canadians, through my website and a presence on Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn. While this outreach has presented an opportunity for me to speak about the Public Service, it is also an important way for me to hear the stories of everyday excellence from public servants directly. It is their stories that inspire me.
This report has highlighted only a small fraction of the many stories of exceptional service to Canadians and of professionalism and excellence.
This report gives voice, in a small way, to the hundreds of thousands of public servants who make our Public Service among the best in the world. Together, they reveal the strengths of our democracy and the role of government in Canada. These are our stories—by Canadians, for Canadians.
There are so many stories of public servants working hard to make a difference, like the following:
- Public service stories, awards and recognition highlights stories from across the Public Service.
- Health Canada: Working for Canadians is a series on the issues and actions Health Canada is taking to keep Canadians safe and healthy.
- Indigenous Perspectives: Stories from Indigenous Public Servants is a podcast that explores being Indigenous in the Public Service.
- Our Stories, Our Canada highlights stories of the people and projects making a difference in the lives of Canadians and how Public Services and Procurement Canada supports departments and agencies across government.
- Explore the work of Environment and Climate Change Canada wildlife toxicologist Phil Thomas in a five-part video series about working with traditional Indigenous Knowledge to help improve lives in remote communities.
Public servants are encouraged to share their renewal stories by using #GCStories on social media.
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: