Activity 1 – People
From: Privy Council Office
Download the Activity sheet:
[PDF - 44KB]
Activity 1 helps to identify the People who have a stake in the issue at hand. Consider who has influence and who is affected by the issue. This exercise is similar to an activity known as stakeholder mapping, although we encourage you to think beyond stakeholders to potential partners, rights holders, influencers and people who may not have been consulted in the past.
First, make a list of all the people (partners, influencers, affected) who are involved in the issue about which you are engaging.
Next, use the activity sheet to place each one on two axes: influence and affectedness.
Questions to consider:
- Who will you have to engage on this issue?
- Who can you empower? (e.g. those who may be highly affected but of low influence)
- With whom might you partner to expand your network?
- Where would the people you are considering place themselves?
- Where does your team or organization lie on this axis?
Graph with two axis; the horizontal axis graphs affectedness from low to high, while the vertical axis graphs influence from low to high.
- Date modified: