- Performance information is currently under development.
- Reports produced have been of limited use in the management decision-making process (except CIHR).
- Reporting is seen as a means of meeting mandatory requirements (except CIHR).
- Responsibility Centre Committee is seen as the appropriate vehicle for planning and organizing the performance management for the Federal Initiative.
- PHAC Policy Division is seen as responsible for performance reporting.
- Minimal resources need to be added by programs.
- One FTE needs to be added to PHAC Policy Division to develop, implement and produce performance reporting.
- Programs see their responsibility in coordinating and gathering data and passing on to experts.
- Standardized systems and tools would help facilitate this process.
- Grants and Contributions need specific operational objectives related to outcomes and managerial issues.
- Streamlining Federal Initiative reporting would make it congruent with existing reporting requirements.
- While efforts are underway, better data could have been collected regarding outcomes from funded applicants (CIHR).
- All RCs are collecting data on at least some indicators.
- Data need better definition.
- Some indicators are found for the output indicators in the PAA , which may account for the concentration of lack of ownership of the PAA indicators.
- Data collection for the Federal Initiative is in its formative stage, more work needs to be done to streamline reporting requirements and formalize responsibilities.
- Data collection for performance information is not automated.
- Federal Initative data collection analyses are conducted manually.
- Tools would be most welcome.
- Tagging projects as being relevant to different topic areas
- The performance information system needs capacities to collect data from different systems and, report by epidemiological, financial, and program data categories.
- Current data are collected by program activity instead of by funding source.
- Data collected need to be useful for programs.
- Baselines are not available.
- Making performance data more outcome-based would help to examine existing work and align priorities.