Acknowledgements: The Chief Public Health Officer's Report on the State of Public Health in Canada 2011
Many individuals and organizations have contributed to the development of The Chief Public Health Officer's Report on the State of Public Health in Canada, 2011: Youth and Young Adults — Life in Transition
I would like to express my appreciation to the consultants who provided invaluable advice, strategic guidance and expertise:
- The Honourable Gary Filmon, P.C., O.C., O.M., Corporate Director, The Exchange Group;
- John Frank, Director, Scottish Collaboration for Public Health Research and Policy; Chair, Public Health Research and Policy, University of Edinburgh; Professor Emeritus, Dalla Lana School of Public Health, University of Toronto;
- The Honourable Wilbert J. Keon, O.C. M.D.;
- David Mowat, Medical Officer of Health, Region of Peel, Ontario;
- Jeff Reading, Professor and Director, School of Public Health and Social Policy, Faculty of Human and Social Development and Centre for Aboriginal Health Research, University of Victoria; and
- Brenda Zimmerman, Director, Health Industry Management Program; Associate Professor of Strategy/Policy, Schulich School of Business, York University.
I would like to thank the many individuals and groups within the Public Health Agency of Canada for their contribution. Specifically, I would like to recognize the dedicated efforts of the CPHO Reports Unit, Office of Public Health Practice: Sarah Bernier, Jane Boswell-Purdy, Suzanne A. Boucher, Paula Carty, Lindsay Fitzpatrick, Maureen Hartigan, Sean Hockin, Deborah Jordan, Jordan Kelly, Jack MacGillvray, Erin L. Schock, Melannie Smith, Andrea Sonkodi and Crystal Stroud for all their effort throughout the process of delivering this report.
As well, I would like to recognize the contributions made by the 2011 Core Advisory Group: Kathleen Brown, Mette Cornelisse, Tracey Donaldson, Barrie Graham, Mana Herel, Semaneh Jemere, Erin Kingdom, Tanis Liebreich, Linda Lord, Leonora Montuoro, Howard Morrison, Roslyn Nudell, Catherine Rotor, Jan Trumble-Waddell, Paul Varughese and Patricia Walsh.
I would also like to acknowledge the contributions of the following external reviewers:
- Wendy Craig, Professor of Psychology, Queen's University;
- Elizabeth Dyke, Health Consultant;
- André P. Grace, McCalla Research Professor and Director of the Institute for Sexual Minority Studies and Services, Faculty of Education, University of Alberta;
- Ilene Hyman, Assistant Professor, Dalla Lana School of Public Health, University of Toronto; Research Associate, Cities Centre, University of Toronto;
- Denise Kouri, Kouri Research;
- June Larkin, Program Director, Equity Studies, University of Toronto;
- Stoney McCart, Director, Centre of Excellence for Youth Engagement; and
- Cory Neudorf, Chief Medical Officer of Health, Saskatoon Health Region.
In addition, I would also like to recognize the following organizations for their contributions to this Report:
- Aboriginal Nurses Association of Canada;
- Assembly of First Nations;
- Congress of Aboriginal People;
- Indigenous Physicians Association of Canada;
- Inuit Tapiriit Kanatami;
- Métis National Council;
- National Aboriginal Health Organization;
- National Association of Friendship Centres;
- National Collaborating Centre for Aboriginal Health; and
- Pauktuutit Inuit Women of Canada.
Special thanks to those from the following federal government departments, agencies and programs who collaborated with us on this publication:
- Canada Mortgage and Housing Corporation;
- Canadian Institutes of Health Research;
- Citizenship and Immigration Canada;
- Department of Justice Canada;
- Department of Finance Canada;
- Health Canada;
- Human Resources and Skills Development Canada;
- Aboriginal Affairs and Northern Development Canada;
- Privy Council Office;
- Public Safety Canada;
- Royal Canadian Mounted Police; and
- Canadian Heritage (Sport Canada).
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: