Supporting a coordinated approach: Canadian HIV Vaccine Initiative
The CHVI Secretariat (housed at the PHAC) was established in 2007 to ensure horizontal coordination across participating departments and agencies and with the Gates Foundation.
- To provide coordination support and infrastructure to ensure a strong network of HIV vaccine researchers and other vaccine researchers both in Canada and internationally; and
- To ensure effective communications, strategic planning, coordination, reporting and evaluation within the Government of Canada.
- Ongoing intra-GoC coordination;
- Stakeholder consultations;
- Establishment of the CHVI Advisory Board;
- Establishment of the CHVI Research and Development Alliance;
- Ongoing communications with stakeholders and maintenance of CHVI website; and
- Issues management.
- A strong vibrant Alliance established;
- Seamless transition from the existing to the new support model;
- Integrated delivery of CHVI policies, programs and initiatives with domestic and international linkages.
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: