COVID-19 mandatory hotel stopover: Apply to be a government-approved hotel
The government authorized hotel application process is currently closed.
On this page
Hotels needed in select areas
None currently required. The government authorized hotel application process is currently closed.
How to apply
Applicants must submit a narrative that demonstrates how they will fulfill all responsibilities and requirements and will produce the deliverables identified herein.
Your submission must be accurate and comprehensive.
The government authorized hotel application process is currently closed and may re-open if additional capacity is required.
Submissions will be reviewed by a team that will include:
- quarantine officers
- environment health officers
- infection prevention and controls experts
- staff familiar with the operation of similar facilities
The Public Health Agency of Canada will:
- review hotels' submissions
- inform hotels if they've been selected
- provide selected hotels with operational guidance
The number of rooms allotted will be taken into consideration during the selection process.
We reserve the right to accept or reject any submission.
Hotels listed for booking for mandatory 3-night stopovers are privately-owned hotels. These hotels have agreed to meet public health guidelines to accommodate travellers while they await their COVID-19 test results.
These hotels will be for people without symptoms who:
- have provided a negative pre-departure COVID-19 molecular test result
- are not close contacts of people who have been confirmed to have or may have COVID-19
Travellers staying at these hotels while they await their test results may have:
- symptoms of COVID-19 but previously tested negative on their pre-departure test
- symptoms that aren't related to COVID-19
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: