Weekly influenza reports
January 10, 2020 to January 16, 2021 (week 02)
- All indicators of influenza activity remain exceptionally low for this time of year, despite continued monitoring for influenza across Canada.
- To date, there is no evidence of community circulation of influenza. Influenza testing continues at seasonal levels. No laboratory detections of influenza were reported in week 02. Influenza activity remains below the threshold required to declare the start of the 2020-21 influenza season.
- Two influenza-like-illness (ILI) outbreaks were reported in schools and daycares in week 02. To date this season, 99 ILI outbreaks have been reported in schools and/or daycares. No laboratory-confirmed outbreaks of influenza have been reported to date this season.
- 12,484 participants reported to FluWatchers and 14 (0.11%) participants reported cough and fever, which remains low compared to previous seasons. Provide valuable information to track flu and COVID-19 across Canada:
Sign up to become a FluWatcher!
- Influenza surveillance indicators are influenced by the COVID-19 pandemic, including changes in healthcare-seeking behaviour, impacts of public health measures and influenza testing practices. Current data should be interpreted with consideration to this context. See the COVID-19 Epidemiology update for information on COVID-19 cases in Canada.
Subscribe to FluWatch reports - firstname.lastname@example.org
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: