Weekly influenza reports
October 10, 2021, to October 16, 2021 (week 41)
- In week 41, influenza activity across Canada was exceptionally low with almost all regions reporting no influenza activity. In the past week, all influenza indicators were at exceptionally low interseasonal levels.
- In week 41, a total of six influenza detections (3 influenza A and 3 influenza B) have been reported.
- Among the six detections with detailed age information, all were reported in individuals under the age of 65 years.
- The percentage visits for influenza-like illness (ILI) was 1.1% in week 41 and is within expected levels.
- The percentage of FluWatchers reporting fever and cough was 0.5% in week 41; it remains below expected levels and is stable.
- In week 41, no outbreaks were reported.
- From August 29 to October 16, 2021 (weeks 35 to 41), 11 ILI outbreaks and no laboratory-confirmed influenza outbreaks have been reported.
- From August 29 to October 16, 2021 (weeks 35 to 41), no influenza-associated hospitalizations have been reported.
- Check out the 2020-2021 FluWatch annual report for Canada’s official analysis on the 2020-2021 influenza season.
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: