West Nile virus weekly surveillance and monitoring
Latest analysis: September 27 to October 24, 2020 (Week 40, 41, 42 and 43)
- West Nile virus in Canada:
- As of October 24, 2020 eighty-six human cases have been reported to PHAC. Of these, there are three deaths reported.
- Forty WNV-positive wild birds and six positive horses have been reported to PHAC.
- A total of 15,945 mosquito pools were tested for WNV in four provinces: Saskatchewan (71), Manitoba (1,264), Ontario (13,179) and Québec (1,431). Of these, 198 WNV-positive mosquito pools have been reported to PHAC.
- Other mosquito-borne diseases of interest:
- No human cases of Eastern Equine Encephalitis virus (EEEV) have been reported to PHAC. Eight positive horses have been reported to PHAC.
- No human cases/exposures of California serogroup (CSG) virus have been reported.
For more information, visit the West Nile virus disease page.
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: