West Nile virus weekly surveillance and monitoring
Weekly surveillance activities and monitoring for West Nile virus and other mosquito-borne diseases has commenced for 2019.
|Province/territory||Week 28||Year-to-date totaltable 1 note *|
|Saskatchewan table 1 note ±||-||-|
|Newfoundland and Labrador||0||0|
|Prince Edward Island||0||0|
Table 1 notes
Latest analysis: July 7 to July 13, 2019 (Week 28)
- West Nile virus in Canada:
- Human: No human cases have been reported to PHAC.
- Mosquito: PHAC has been notified of 450 mosquito pools tested for WNV; of these, 0 pools have tested positive for WNV.
- Wild Bird: A total of 12 birds have been tested for WNV; of these, 1 dead wild bird was found positive in Ontario.
- Equine: No positive WNV horses have been reported to PHAC.
- Other Mosquito-borne diseases of interest:
- No human cases of Eastern Equine Encephalitis virus (EEEV) have been reported to PHAC.
- No human cases/exposures of California serogroup virus have been reported.
For more information, visit the West Nile virus disease page.
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: