West Nile virus weekly surveillance and monitoring
Latest analysis: July 12 to July 18, 2020 (Week 29)
- West Nile virus in Canada:
- As of July 12, 2020 no human cases have been reported to PHAC.
- No WNV-positive birds or equines have been reported to PHAC.
- A total of 5853 mosquito pools were tested for WNV in four provinces: Saskatchewan (4), Manitoba (472), Ontario (4326) and Québec (1051). Of these, no WNV-positive mosquito pools have been reported to PHAC.
- Other mosquito-borne diseases of interest:
- No human cases of Eastern Equine Encephalitis virus (EEEV) have been reported to PHAC.
- No human cases/exposures of California serogroup (CSG) virus have been reported.
For more information, visit the West Nile virus disease page.
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: