West Nile virus surveillance and monitoring
West Nile virus in Canada:
- To date, 29 human clinical cases were detected in Ontario (18), Québec (6) and Manitoba (5).
- Positive wild birds were detected in Manitoba (3), Ontario (8) and Québec (15).
- Positive mosquito pools were detected in Québec (10), Ontario (104), Manitoba (116) and Saskatchewan (9).
- Positive equine cases were detected in Ontario (3), Alberta (1), Saskatchewan (10) and Manitoba (6).
Other mosquito-borne diseases of interest in Canada:
- To date, there are no human cases of Eastern Equine Encephalitis virus (EEEV). The CFIA reported seven positive equine cases that were detected in Ontario. Two positive mosquito pools were detected in Ontario.
- One human case of California serogroup (CSG) virus has been reported in Ontario.
Latest Mosquito-borne diseases surveillance report.
For more information, visit the West Nile virus disease page.
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: