National Child Day
How Did You Celebrate National Child Day?
Did you organize or participate in a National Child Day event or celebration in your community? We want to know your story and how you celebrated National Child Day!
Share your stories and results from your celebration by sending us a message and briefly tell us what you did, including:
- Details about the event, including where it occurred and who participated
- Why the event/celebration was successful
- What you learned from the experience
Events should be non-partisan in nature, and fundraising or advocacy events should not be submitted. If you can, send us a photo or a video from the celebration, or provide a link to more information in a blog or website.
This section will provide you with some key links and resources. We do not necessarily endorse the activities and opinions you will find in these external links; and these links should not be viewed as official endorsements.
Check out the stories from organizations that celebrated National Child Day 2014:
5 for Life Coalition (Strathmore, Alberta):
5 for Life Coalition organized a free play party for the families of Wheatland County. It was held in Strathmore's Civic Centre and High School Gymnasium. Parents were given their choice of a free swim pass or a skating pass plus a discount card to the local gymnastics club. The event began with a mac and cheese supper with dessert and beverages. After supper the families were free to participate in a variety of activities - everything from a ball pit, various ball type games and activities, skipping ropes, scoops, scooters and a parachute. Parents were encouraged to unplug and PLAY with their children wherever they wanted. 64 families attend the event: parents (92), 0 to 5 year olds (103), and siblings (20).
Check out the feedback from the event!
- "It is so awesome to see moms and dads teaching their kids some skills (skipping and scoop balls). It gives me goose bumps to see that!"
- "Thank you SO much for doing this for our community!"
- "But Dad this is better than Disneyland!"
- "I am having so much fun ! We can't go home yet!"
- "I loved that we got out of the house and it did not cost anything!"
- "What a great way to get out and just play!"
- "Can you organize something like this every week or month?"
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: