Degree equivalency

If you went to school outside of Canada

If you were educated outside of Canada, you must have your certificates and/or diplomas assessed against Canadian education standards. This will enable you to provide proof of Canadian equivalency when applying for a job in the public service. The public service will accept any Foreign Educational Credentials as long as they are deemed comparable to Canadian standards, through a recognized credential assessment service.

Getting a Canadian equivalency is easier than it sounds. The Canadian Information Centre for International Credentials (CICIC) assists persons who wish to obtain an assessment of their educational, professional, and occupational credentials by referring them to the appropriate organizations.

The CICIC does not itself grant equivalencies or assess credentials, nor does it intervene on behalf of individuals or in complaints to FPSLREB. The CICIC can be contacted at the CICIC website. Their website provides links to a number of Canadian organizations that provide equivalency assessments. As well, you may contact the CICIC at:

95 St. Clair Avenue West, Suite 1106
Toronto, Ontario, M4V 1N6
Tel: 416-962-9725
Fax: 416-962-2800
Contact us - online form

Report a problem or mistake on this page
Please select all that apply:

Thank you for your help!

You will not receive a reply. For enquiries, contact us.

Date modified: