Stream 2: Organizations serving Indigenous communities—Essential Services Contingency Reserve
Explore eligibility for stream 2 of the Essential Services Contingency Reserve (ESCR) and learn about the process to request PPE, non-medical masks and disinfection products.
On this page
Who can apply
Organizations eligible for this stream provide services to First Nations, Métis, and Inuit communities. This includes services provided to Indigenous communities such as, but not limited to, those provided by:
- band councils
- Friendship Centres
- community centres
- community outreach programs
- housing and shelter organizations
- emergency management agencies
- urban/off-reserve Indigenous organizations providing services to off-reserve populations
- Métis Nation community, provincial, and national councils
- Métis family well-being programs
- Indigenous women's circles
- Inuit community organizations and national associations
- community programming for Inuit youth, families, and children
- 2SLGBTQ+ circles
During the application process, you will be asked to provide the following information:
- specific types of PPE and other critical supplies required and where they are needed
- number of people requiring PPE and the rate at which the PPE is consumed
- how soon the requested supplies are needed
How to apply
If you require assistance during the application process, please contact email@example.com.
Step 1: Register your organization
You must provide basic information on your organization as part of your account registration.
Section 1: Basic information about your organization
In section 1 of the registration form, you must provide your organization's:
- registered address or mailing address
- Canada Revenue Agency business number or charitable organization (optional)
Section 2: Primary contact information
In section 2, you must provide a primary contact and their contact information. As part of the review process, we may contact this individual for further information.
Complete the registration form
If your organization is eligible to apply as outlined in the Who can apply section, complete the online form:
After you complete this form
Once the form is submitted, we will:
- validate and assess your business or organizational information
- notify your business or organization by email of the status of your registration
You can track the status of your request throughout the approval process.
Step 2: Request critical supplies
Once you are notified that your registration has been approved, you will receive login credentials to access the online catalogue and request the critical supplies your business or organization requires. Requests are made using the online catalogue, where you may select the type and quantity of item(s) that you require.
After you apply
We will review your request and information provided, and contact you for further information, as needed.
Step 3: Status of request and confirmation of order
You will receive the status of your request by email. You will be asked to confirm that you are ordering the approved supplies. After providing this confirmation, you will not be able to cancel or return items ordered. Please note, these items are provided at no cost.
Once your organization's application is accepted, your request may be accepted in full or in part based on the availability of requested supplies. Please note, the Government of Canada reserves the right to limit quantities if necessary.
To serve a multitude of needs, orders may be approved or shipped in full or in part based on the availability of requested supplies and the demand. Orders will be shipped to a single point of delivery at no cost however any redistribution costs will be covered by the ordering entity. As items are being provided at no cost, they cannot be sold or transferred for profit.
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: