Canada Research Coordinating Committee
The Canada Research Coordinating Committee (CRCC) advances federal research priorities and the coordination of policies and programs of Canada’s federal research funding agencies and the Canada Foundation for Innovation. It provides a senior strategic forum for information-sharing, consensus-building and decision-making on forward-looking initiatives that strengthen Canada’s research enterprise, foster world-leading research and advance the social and economic well-being of Canadians.
- Government of Canada funds 117 innovative projects across Canada to advance groundbreaking research
- Tri-agency action plan to address systemic barriers and increase equity, diversity and inclusion in the postsecondary research ecosystem
- Canada Research Coordinating Committee discusses Canada’s research response to the COVID-19 global pandemic
More information for
New Frontiers in Research Fund (NFRF) streams
Current NFRF competitions
What we are doing
- 2020 International Framework
- 2019-20 Progress Report
- Setting new directions to support Indigenous research and research training in Canada 2019 - 2022
The fund will invest $275 million over the next 5 years beginning in fiscal 2018-19, and $65 million ongoing, to fund international, interdisciplinary, fast-breaking and high-risk research.
The program addresses obstacles faced by, but not limited to, women, Indigenous Peoples, persons with disabilities, members of visible minority/racialized groups, and members of LGBTQ2+ communities.
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: