You’re moving? Tell the CRA

Changing your address

Why you need to tell the CRA

Are you receiving individual or family benefits? If so, you need to change your address to avoid delays or interruptions in payments, even if you use direct deposit and your bank information does not change.

Change your address

Tell us once

Updating your address just got easier with the Canada Revenue Agency’s My Account, and Employment and Social Development Canada’s My Service Canada Account. These two accounts are linked so you can now securely access and change your information from both accounts with just one login.

You may be entitled to several credits, refunds and programs when you move, such as:

Moving expenses

In some cases, you can deduct your moving expenses.

Keep all your receipts and documents to support your claim during tax time.


Home Buyer’s Plan

If you bought or sold your home, or plan to buy or sell a home soon, the CRA has information to help you:

  • home buyers' amount
  •  GST/HST new housing rebate
  • Can you have more than one principal residence?
  • Sale of your principal residence

Page details

Date modified: