Free tax help for small business owners and self-employed individuals
The COVID-19 pandemic is affecting everyone, including small businesses and self-employed individuals. While we have temporarily suspended all in-person visits and seminars for safety reasons, liaison officers (LOs) are still available to help you. You can request a virtual visit by phone or videoconference, or you can request an online webinar for your group or association.
LOs can also discuss current COVID-19 benefits that may help you.
Personalized support to help you save time and money
The Canada Revenue Agency (CRA) offers free personalized virtual visits or group webinars for small businesses and self-employed individuals across Canada through its Liaison Officer service. During a virtual visit or webinar, the liaison officer will:
- help you better understand your tax obligations and possible business tax deductions
- show you how to avoid common tax errors
- give you an overview of helpful online tools and electronic services
- answer your tax-related questions and address concerns
- discuss financial benchmarks in the small business community
- discuss current COVID-19 benefits
The liaison officer will also provide recommendations on how to strengthen your bookkeeping system and, if you’re having a personalized meeting, offer suggestions related to your books and records.
Book a virtual visit or webinar now!Request a Liaison Officer service
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: