5.0 Sustainable Development Priorities for 2008-2009
The CRA's SD strategy 2007-2010 provides a framework for action for the three-year life of the strategy. Implementation of the strategy is defined in the Agency's National SD Action Plan and EMPs. These documents, which are refreshed each year, establish priorities, provide time lines, and detailed project implementation plans. In addition to project elements carried forward from 2007-2008, the National SD action plan calls for the implementation of a number of activities during 2008-2009, including:
Goal 1: "Reduce the effects of our operations on land, air and water"
- Implementing/ enhancing the "No Waste" program at additional priority facilities;
- Exploring opportunities to green services procured by the Agency;
- Identifying priority facilities for establishing energy use and GHG baselines;
- Implementing energy reduction initiatives in priority facilities; and,
- Completing an assessment of IT hardware and software disposal practices.
Goal 2: "Demonstrate sustainable service delivery of tax and benefit programs"
- Integrating sustainability criteria into new key federal/provincial partnerships, where appropriate;
- Promoting the Community Volunteer Income Tax Program (CVITP) to assist individuals to file their income tax returns; and,
- Sharing information with partners on better tax administration, tax rules and other best practices.
Goal 3: "Employees apply sustainable development in their jobs"
- Including meaningful and measurable SD expectations in the guidelines for preparing performance agreements for EC and MG management levels;
- Innovating in the delivery of general SD awareness messages to employees; and,
- Integrating SD information into orientation programs for new employees.
Goal 4: "Use modern systems that support and maintain sustainable development"
- Continuing to plan, implement, and report performance of the CRA EMS;
- Advancing the preparation on an SD report card for the CRA; and
- Continuing the integration of sustainability criteria into key programs and policies of the CRA.
A complete listing of activities scheduled for implementation in 2008-2009 can be found in the CRA's National SD action plan for 2007-2010 on the CRA's SD website.[Footnote 9] In addition to the above activities, the Agency will continue its work to address its core environmental aspects through implementation of nine EMPs in 2008-2009. They are: procurement; paper; solid waste; outside emissions; fleet; hazardous waste; halocarbons; energy conservation; and, storage tanks.
- [Footnote 9]
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: