Individuals - Tax information newsletter, Issue: 2016-01
March 8, 2016
- What’s new for the 2016 tax-filing season?
There are changes and enhancements to existing services, credits, and amounts for individual taxpayers for the 2016 tax-filing season!
- The Canada Revenue Agency offers a new service that automatically fills in parts of your tax return
If you file online using certain NETFILE software products that have been certified by the Canada Revenue Agency (CRA) and you are fully registered for My Account, you can use the new Auto-fill my return service to automatically fill in parts of your income tax and benefit return, making the online filing process even simpler.
- What to expect when the Canada Revenue Agency calls you
It is possible that the CRA will contact you by phone for legitimate tax reasons. During such phone calls, the CRA officer must validate your identity and therefore will ask for certain personal information, including your date of birth, your address, and in the case of a business some account specific details. The CRA officials will act with professionalism and will not be aggressive or make threats.
- Seniors: Enjoy your golden years with these tax credits and benefits
There are several credits and benefits designed for seniors.
- Video: Filing online—fast, easy, and secure
This is a video which explains how to file an income tax and benefit return online, and the electronic services available to help taxpayers with that process.
To be notified when this newsletter is updated, you can:
- Subscribe to the Individuals – Tax information newsletter electronic mailing list.
- Add our Individuals – Tax information newsletter RSS feed to your feed reader.
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: