Are you self-employed? Know your tax obligations

As a self-employed person, you and your spouse or common-law partner have until midnight on Friday, June 15, 2018, to file your 2017 income tax and benefit returns.

However, if you have a balance owing to the Canada Revenue Agency (CRA), you must pay it by April 30, 2018.

If you have an amount owing and the CRA receives your return after the June 15 deadline, the CRA may charge you a late-filing penalty.

There are many ways you can make a payment to the CRA:

Important facts

Go to for more tips on getting ready to file your 2017 return.


Page details

Date modified: