New for Trust administrators: You can now file 10 types of trust tax returns electronically!
Did you know?
Starting in January 2016, you will be able to file 10 more trust forms electronically using the Canada Revenue Agency's secure Internet File Transfer service. In addition to Form T3SUM, Summary of Trust Income Allocations and Designations, and Form T3, Statement of Trust Income Allocations and Designations, you will be able to file the following forms in XML format:
- T3D, Income Tax Return for Deferred Profit Sharing Plan (DPSP) or Revoked DPSP
- T3P, Employees' Pension Plan Income Tax Return
- T3S, Supplementary Unemployment Benefit Plan Income Tax Return
- T3RI, Registered Investment Income Tax Return
- T3ATH-IND, Amateur Athlete Trust Income Tax Return
- T3M, Environmental Trust Income Tax Return
- T3GR, Group Income Tax and Information Return for RRSP, RRIF, RESP, or RDSP Trusts
- T1061, Canadian Amateur Athletic Trust Group Information Return
- T3PRP, T3 Pooled Registered Pension Plan Tax Return
- T2000, Calculation of Tax on Agreements to Acquire Shares (Section 207.1(5) of the Income Tax Act)
This service is currently not available for the T3RET, T3 Trust Income Tax and Information Return. We realized that the CRA could let trust administrators and their representatives take advantage of XML filing sooner by starting with these 10 T3 trust tax returns. In keeping with the Government of Canada’s commitment to be client-focused and more helpful to Canadians, the CRA will continue to streamline its online services and introduce new online options. We are exploring options for trust administrators and their representatives to file the T3RET electronically in the future.
- It’s simple – Download the schema or use your software to create and save your return in XML format and send it to the CRA securely over the Internet.
- It’s secure – Internet File Transfer lets you file original or amended trust forms securely using the CRA website.
- It’s fast – Send your return electronically and get a confirmation of receipt at once.
- It’s available for 2015 and later tax years – For previous years, you can file by sending a paper copy of your return to the address given on the form. To download a PDF version from the CRA website, go to www.cra.gc.ca/forms.
To use Internet File Transfer
- Step 1 – Download the schema or use your software to create and save your return in XML format. Make sure your file size is under 150 MB.
- Step 2 – Make sure you have your web access code and your account number. If you do not have your web access code, you can get it at cra.gc.ca/iref-wac.
- Step 3 – To submit electronically, go to cra.gc.ca/iref.
To receive updates when new information is added to our website, you can:
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: