- As of April 3, 2008, CRA auditors will begin to examine both the T2 and CT23 returns during the same audit visit. We call this an integrated audit.
- All audits of large corporations will be integrated as early as April 3, 2008.
- For smaller corporations, integrated audits will be phased in over the next year. By April 2009, all new audits for pre-harmonized years will be integrated.
- The CRA will also assume audits that the Ontario Ministry of Revenue has started but not yet completed. The Ontario Ministry of Revenue and CRA are currently working to coordinate existing audit activities in order to facilitate a smooth transition.
- Once the CRA has completed its audit, the CRA and the Ontario Ministry of Revenue will each advise taxpayers of audit results, and process adjustments separately. Each organization will issue separate Notices of Reassessment, and the issuance of the notices will be coordinated.
Return to Single Administration of Ontario Corporate Tax