Submitting your request

The best way to submit your request is online.

For information on the Submit Documents online service, go to Submit documents online.

You or your authorized representative can also make a request to cancel penalties or interest by filling out Form RC4288, Request for Taxpayer Relief - Cancel or Waive Penalties or Interest or writing a letter marked "Taxpayer Relief" and sending it by mail to one of the designated offices below.

For more details on supporting documents required, go to Information you must include with your request.

For tax preparers submitting a bulk request, go to How to submit a bulk taxpayer relief request for the cancellation of penalties and interest

Designated offices:

  • Alberta, British Columbia, Saskatchewan, Manitoba, Northwest Territories, Nunavut, and Yukon

Mailing address

Winnipeg Tax Services Office

Taxpayer Relief

800-360 Main Street

PO Box 1022 Stn Main

Winnipeg MB  R3C 2W2

  • Shipping address for couriers (non-Canada Post shipments only):

Canada Revenue Agency

Winnipeg Tax Services Office
500-360 Main Street

Winnipeg MB  R3C 3Z3

  • Ontario, Quebec, New Brunswick, Nova Scotia, Prince Edward Island, and Newfoundland and Labrador

Prince Edward Island Tax Centre
275 Pope Road
Summerside PE  C1N 5Z7

  • Non-resident or international taxpayers
    (individuals, corporations, trusts, and part XIII tax and non-resident withholding accounts)

Send your request to one of the designated offices above.

Report a problem or mistake on this page
Please select all that apply:

Thank you for your help!

You will not receive a reply. For enquiries, contact us.

Date modified: