Canada Emergency Response Benefit (CERB) with CRA
Contact us about CERB
The CERB closed to retroactive applications on December 2, 2020. You can no longer apply for this benefit.
Find support after CERB
If you continue to need income support, find out if you are eligible for Employment Insurance or other Recovery benefits.
Submit supporting documents online with CRA My Acccount
- By phone:
The CERB was delivered by Service Canada and the CRA. You must contact the department you applied with.
If you applied with the CRA
Contact the CRA by phone or TTY.
If you applied using Employment Insurance (EI) with Service Canada
If you are not sure who you applied with
You should contact CRA if:
- the application you filled out was very short
- you applied through CRA My Account or applied with an automated phone service
- you were asked what period of eligibility you were applying for and then had to certify that you met the eligibility requirements
You should contact Service Canada if:
- you applied online and did not need to enter a user ID or password. Applying by telephone was not available
- you were asked several questions, similar to an employment insurance (EI) application, including the type of EI benefits you were applying for and the name of your former employer
Report a security incident:
If you suspect you’re a victim of fraud, identity theft, or a cyber incident
If you notice changes or suspicious activity on your account, contact the CRA:
Select the option “report suspected fraud or identity theft” to prioritize your call.
If your Social Insurance Number (SIN) has been stolen
Contact Service Canada:
If you have concerns about a call or email you received about your CERB payment
Contact the Canadian Anti-fraud Centre: 1-888-495-8501
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: