Changing a charity's authorized representative information

The Charities Directorate needs consent from a charity or applicant organization to communicate with a representative for charity-related matters. An authorized representative can be an employee, volunteer, or another individual such as a lawyer, accountant, or bookkeeper.

To add or change the name of an authorized representative, you can:

Date the letter and include the printed name and signature of a director, trustee, or like official that the Charities Directorate has on file.

Also be sure to inform us in writing if an authorized representative no longer represents the charity or applicant organization.

Mailing address:

Charities Directorate
Canada Revenue Agency
Ottawa ON  K1A 0L5



Related topics

Report a problem or mistake on this page
Please select all that apply:

Thank you for your help!

You will not receive a reply. For enquiries, contact us.

Date modified: