GST/HST credit - Overview
The CRA can apply your goods and services tax/harmonized sales tax (GST/HST) credit payments to pay tax debts and other government debts. As a temporary measure in response to COVID-19, the CRA will not deduct your GST/HST credit payments to repay tax debts and other government debts, including amounts owing due to being ineligible for COVID-19 Canada Emergency or Recovery Benefits.
The goods and services tax/harmonized sales tax (GST/HST) credit is a tax-free quarterly payment that helps individuals and families with low and modest incomes offset the GST or HST that they pay. It may also include payments from provincial and territorial programs. You are automatically considered for the GST/HST credit when you file your taxes.
- Benefit payment dates
- GST/HST credit guide
- Child and family benefits calculator
- MyBenefits CRA - mobile app
- Validating your eligibility for benefits and credits
- Direct deposit
- Benefit and credit payment dates reminders
- CRA uncashed cheques
- Getting benefits and credits when in an abusive or violent situation
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: