GST/HST credit - Overview
The CRA has resumed its work to address taxpayer debt. Tax refunds, benefit and credit payments may be applied to pay outstanding balances. You can check the status of your benefits by logging into your CRA My Account. Contact the CRA if debt repayment causes you financial hardship. Call 1-888-863-8662 for benefit debt or, 1-888-863-8657 for tax return debt. Learn more at Canada.ca/balance-owing.
The goods and services tax/harmonized sales tax (GST/HST) credit is a tax-free quarterly payment that helps individuals and families with low and modest incomes offset the GST or HST that they pay. It may also include payments from provincial and territorial programs. You are automatically considered for the GST/HST credit when you file your taxes.
- Grocery Rebate New
- Benefit payment dates
- GST/HST credit guide
- Child and family benefits calculator
- MyBenefits CRA - mobile app
- Validating your eligibility for benefits and credits
- Direct deposit
- Benefit and credit payment dates reminders
- CRA uncashed cheques
- Getting benefits and credits when in an abusive or violent situation
- One-time additional GST credit payment
- Date modified: