Canada workers benefit – Apply
To apply for the Canada workers benefit, you must:
- Complete Schedule 6, Canada workers benefit (available in your certified tax software and tax package)
- To apply for the disability supplement, complete Step 3 in Schedule 6
- Enter on line 45300 of your income tax and benefit return the amount from line 42 of Schedule 6
- Send (file) your return to the Canada Revenue Agency (CRA)
- If you prepare your return on paper, include your completed Schedule 6, Canada workers benefit, with your return
Request the advance payment
You can receive up to 50% of your benefit as an advance payment. To receive the advance payment of the Canada workers benefit (formerly the working income tax benefit) you must choose one of the following options:
- Log in to My Account.
- Go to "Canada workers benefit advance payments application".
- Complete and submit your application.
- Complete Form RC201, Canada Workers Benefit Payments Application
- To apply for the disability supplement, complete Part 3 of Form RC201
- Mail your completed form to:
Sudbury Tax Centre
PO Box 20000, STN A
Sudbury ON P3A 5C1
We must receive your form no later than August 31. Applications for advance payments received after August 31 will not be processed. Your paper application should be processed within 11 weeks of the CRA receiving it. To receive the advance payments, you must apply every year.
If you and your spouse or common-law partner are both eligible for the Canada workers benefit, you only need to complete one application.
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: