Canada workers benefit – Claim and apply
Claim the Canada workers benefit
To claim the Canada workers benefit, you must either:
- do your taxes electronically and follow the instructions in your certified tax software
- fill out and submit Schedule 6, Canada workers benefit, if you are filing a paper return
Claiming the disability supplement:
- If you have an eligible spouse and one of you is eligible for the disability tax credit, that person should claim both the basic amount and the disability supplement.
- If you have an eligible spouse and both of you are eligible for the disability tax credit, only one of you can claim the basic amount. However, each of you must claim the disability supplement on a separate Schedule 6.
Apply for the advance payments
If you meet the eligibility requirements, you could get up to half of your CWB in advance payments. To apply for the CWB advance payments, choose one of the following options:
- Sign in to My Account.
- Go to "Canada workers benefit advance payments application".
- Complete and submit your application.
- Fill out Form RC201, Canada Workers Benefit Payments Application. To apply for the disability supplement, complete Part 3 of Form RC201
- Mail your completed form to:
Sudbury Tax Centre
PO Box 20000, STN A
Sudbury ON P3A 5C1
The Canada Revenue Agency must receive your completed Form RC201 by August 31. Forms received after this date will not be processed. You must apply every year to get the advance payments.
If you and your spouse or common-law partner are both eligible for the Canada workers benefit, you need to fill out and submit only one application.
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: