Message for contracted resources and suppliers
March 19, 2020
The purpose of this communication is to update our suppliers on how the Canada Revenue Agency (CRA) is addressing the COVID-19 situation to support contracted resources and suppliers while maintaining operations. Our priority is ensuring that employees and contracted resources are provided with a safe and healthy workplace.
The following are some of the key measures being taken:
Safety and Communications
- We are following guidelines provided and enforcing measures recommended by the Public Health Agency of Canada;
- Senior management is regularly communicating with employees and contracted resources;
- Technical Authorities are including contracted resources in their communications through email, telephone or text;
- Access to intranet, up-to-date information, and resources are being shared; and
- Throughout our facilities, there are hand sanitizer dispensers and posters that provide resources and guidelines on enforcing hygiene protocols and information on COVID-19.
Access to Facilities / Delivery of Goods to Distribution Centre
- Our offices remain open only for critical employees and critical contracted resources. The Technical Authority will confirm with the contracted resource if critical;
- Contracted resources having obtained written confirmation of the Technical Authority may be able to work remotely. However, there may be security or information technology considerations that may prevent remote work;
- If possible, the Technical Authority will provide flexibility to the contracted resource for the performance of the work;
- For the delivery of goods, we recognize that Contractors may experience supply chain and logistical disruptions. Please advise both, the Technical Authority/Acquisition Cardholder and Contracting Authority, on any potential delay; and
- Contractors must first confirm with the Technical Authority/Acquisition Cardholder prior to any delivery to any of our offices.
- All terms and conditions of our contracts will be respected;
- Timesheets may be submitted to the Technical Authority electronically;
- Invoices must be submitted electronically;
- Necessary measures have been taken to ensure that there is no delay in the processing of payments; and
- Any modifications to contracts will be formalized through verbal or written notification or contract amendment by the Contracting Authority.
Contracting Services Operations
- Maintaining operations, support to CRA business and access to our suppliers is expected;
- Fiscal year-end and new contracts for April 1, 2020, are being prioritized;
- New solicitations may be postponed, and organized “in-person” supplier engagement activities are suspended;
- The Contracting Authority or Technical Authority/Acquisition Cardholder identified in the contract are the best resources to contact directly.
We will continue to monitor the situation and make any necessary adjustments to ensure alignment and advise you (as necessary) should the situation change any of the direction outlined above.
The situation continues to evolve and, in the coming days, things may change. Our suppliers and contracted resources are important to us, and we thank you for being our supplier, your support and appreciate your understanding and patience during this time.
Director, Contracting Division, Finance and Administration Branch
Canada Revenue Agency / Government of Canada
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: