Tax deduction estimator (form TD1)
As a result of the 2017 federal budget, a change was made on the TD1 2017 Personal Tax Credits Return.
The sections "Canada caregiver amount for spouse or common-law partner or eligible dependant" and "Canada caregiver amount for dependant(s) age 18 or older" include changes proposed in the 2017 federal budget and replace the previous sections "Caregiver amount" and "Amount for infirm dependants age 18 or older.
The Tax deduction estimator (form TD1) is not available right now. Please fill out Form TD1 Personal Tax Credits Returns 2017 and, if applicable, a provincial or territorial Form TD1.
Before you begin
The estimator will determine the tax credits you may qualify for at tax time. This will help your employer or payer to determine the right amount of tax to be deducted from your income.
You may need to estimate the following:
- your annual net income;
- your annual pension income;
- your annual tuition fees;
- dependants' ages and net income;
- spouse or common-law partner's net income;
- amounts your dependant(s) will not use on their income tax and benefits return; and
- amounts your spouse or common-law partner will not use on their return.
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: