Canada Recovery Hiring Program (CRHP)
Who can apply
On this page
To be eligible to receive the CRHP, you must meet both of the following criteria:
You meet all the eligibility requirements of the CEWS
Employers who are eligible for the CEWS will be eligible for the CRHP, except for some corporations and partnerships.
Who can apply for the CEWS
- You had a CRA payroll account on March 15, 2020 (exceptions apply in payroll provider and asset acquisition situations)
- You are an eligible employer
- You experienced the required revenue drop to be eligible for the CEWS (more than 0% in period 17, more than 10% in periods 18-22)
For more detail on eligible employers and CEWS eligibility criteria, see Who can apply for the CEWS
If you are a for-profit corporation or partnership, you meet additional CRHP criteria
Eligible corporations and partnerships
- Canadian-controlled private corporations (CCPCs)
- Cooperative corporations that are eligible for the small business deduction
- Partnerships where at least 50% of the partnership’s interests are held (directly or indirectly) by employers eligible for the CRHP
Ineligible corporations and partnerships
- Any for-profit corporations that are not CCPCs and not cooperatives eligible for the small business deduction
- Partnerships where more than 50% of the partnership’s interests are held (directly or indirectly) by employers not eligible for the CRHP
These corporations and partnerships may still be eligible for the CEWS, just not the CRHP.
Confirming your eligibility
If we notice a mistake in your application, we will work with you to correct it. If you realize you made a mistake in your application, you can request a change to your previous claim.
We will review your claim and confirm the information you submit.
Thank you for your feedback
- Date modified: