Change of business activity

As a self-employed individual, you may decide to change your business activity.

Whenever you change your business activity, you have to notify your tax services office. To find your office, go to Find a CRA address.


Some examples of changes to a business activity include:

  • a home renovator decides to become a homebuilder
  • a seamstress decides to sell clothing instead of doing repairs
  • a hairdresser becomes a salon owner
Report a problem or mistake on this page
Please select all that apply:

Thank you for your help!

You will not receive a reply. For enquiries, contact us.

Date modified: