When to file

Payers (issuers or carriers) who have to file an information return

You have to file an information return to report the following amounts you paid or are considered to have paid to residents of Canada:

Distribution of slips to recipients

Send the recipient's copies of the T4RSP or T4RIF slip to their last known address or deliver them in person. You can also send a copy of one of these slips in electronic format to the recipient if you received their consent either in writing or in electronic format.

You have to do this on or before the day you have to file the information return.

Related links

Report a problem or mistake on this page
Please select all that apply:

Thank you for your help!

You will not receive a reply. For enquiries, contact us.

Date modified: