Requesting a reassessment of your T2 return

You can request a reassessment electronically using the latest commercial tax preparation software packages. You can also request a reassessment by sending the bar codes that contain the information needed to reassess your return to your tax centre.

Otherwise, you can write a letter to the tax centre that serves the corporation. Clearly identify the following:

With your letter, include any relevant supporting documents, such as:


Do not send the entire T2 return.

Requesting a carryback of a loss or tax credit

To ask to carry back a loss or tax credit to a prior tax year, file whichever of the following schedules apply:

You can file these schedules with the return on which you report the loss or earn the credit, or you can forward them separately to the tax centre that serves the corporation.

Forms and publications

Page details

Date modified: