Corporation income tax return
All resident corporations (except tax-exempt Crown corporations, Hutterite colonies and registered charities) have to file a corporation income tax (T2) return every tax year even if there is no tax payable. This includes:
- non-profit organizations
- tax-exempt corporations
- inactive corporations
If you have incorporated your business or are considering incorporating to provide services to another company, see the tax implications for a personal services business.
Most corporations can file their return electronically using the Internet. It is mandatory for certain corporations with annual gross revenues that exceed $1 million.
For more information, go to Corporation Internet Filing.
Under proposed changes, this $1 million threshold will be eliminated for tax years starting after 2023. Most corporations would have to file their return electronically.
Non-resident corporations have to file a T2 return in certain situations. See Find out if you have to file a corporation income tax return (T2).
The CRA has two types of corporation returns:
- T2 Corporation Income Tax Return – This is a nine-page return. Any corporation can use it.
- T2 Short Return – This is a two-page return plus one schedule
See Guide T4012, T2 Corporation Income Tax Guide, to check if you are eligible to use the T2 Short Return.
- Find out if you have to file a corporation income tax return (T2)
Filing requirements for resident and non-resident corporations.
- Determining your corporation's tax year
Rules for determining and changing your corporation's tax year.
- When to file your corporation income tax return
T2 return filing deadlines and how to avoid penalties.
- Getting a corporation income tax (T2) return
Different ways to get a return.
- Completing your corporation income tax (T2) return
Preparation and filing methods for your T2 return, and what to file with each method.
- Where to send your corporation income tax (T2) return
Mailing addresses for resident and non-resident corporations.
Forms and publications
Thank you for your feedback
- Date modified: