Yukon research and development tax credit

You can claim this credit if you have a permanent establishment in the Yukon at any time in the year and you incurred qualified expenditures in the year for scientific research and experimental development carried on in the Yukon.

The credit is equal to the total of the following amounts:

  • 15% of eligible expenditures incurred in the tax year
  • 5% of eligible expenditures included above paid or payable to the Yukon College or the Yukon University


The Yukon College is continued as the Yukon University.

The credit is based on the sum of the corporation's qualified expenditures and any eligible repayments.

The credit is fully refundable, but must first be applied against total taxes payable.

Claiming the credit

File Schedule 442, Yukon Research and Development Tax Credit, with your return no later than 18 months after the end of the tax year for which you are claiming the credit. See the schedule for more details.

On line 698 of Schedule 5, Tax Calculation Supplementary – Corporations, enter the amount of the credit you are claiming.

Government partners

  • Yukon (territorial site)
Report a problem or mistake on this page
Please select all that apply:

Thank you for your help!

You will not receive a reply. For enquiries, contact us.

Date modified: