How to open a payroll program account
A payroll program account is required to identify your business or organization when you remit payroll deductions.
If you don’t have a business number, you’ll get it as you open a payroll account.
What you need before you start
You must have the following information to open a payroll account:
- date employees received their first wages (or leave blank if date is unknown)
- months covered for payroll of employees' wages
- type of pay period (for example, weekly, quarterly)
- number of employees
- payroll service name (if any)
- country of the parent company or affiliate, if you have a foreign owned corporation
- name of franchisor (if any)
- country of franchise's head office (if any)
Other ways to apply
Call 1-800-959-5525 Monday to Friday (except holidays) from 9 am to 6 pm.
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: