Employee responsibilities and how to change your tax deductions

As a new or current employee, you are responsible to meet both of the following criteria:

Change your tax deduction

You can choose to have more tax deducted from your pay or other income or you can ask your employer or payer to reduce the amount of tax he or she deducts by submitting a letter of authority.

To increase your tax deductions, go to Increase income tax deducted at source. For information on how to decrease your tax deductions, go to Reducing remuneration subject to income tax.

Forms and publications

Related links

Report a problem or mistake on this page
Please select all that apply:

Thank you for your help!

You will not receive a reply. For enquiries, contact us.

Date modified: