Business Registration Online – What you can do

As of May 13, 2024, the CRA no longer registers and maintains import and export RM program accounts. These services are now provided by the Canada Border Services Agency (CBSA). However, if you don't have a business number, get it from the CRA at How to register for a business number or Canada Revenue Agency program accounts before contacting the CBSA. Learn more: Import-export program account.

Planning to hire for your business? When you have an active payroll account, you can recruit employees for free on the Government of Canada's Job Bank. Post jobs, get matched to qualified candidates and invite them to apply – all in one place.

1. What you can do

You can use Business Registration Online (BRO) to:

If you want to register as a non-resident business, go to How to register for a business number or Canada Revenue Agency program accounts.

CRA program accounts you can register for using BRO

If you have a BN, you can use BRO to register for program accounts. If you just received a BN and are in BRO, without leaving, you can register for the following types of program accounts:

For information about other CRA program accounts that are not found in BRO, go to Other CRA program accounts.

BRO and Provincial partners

After getting your BN and registering for CRA program accounts through BRO, you can transfer to one of the provinces listed below.

Before you click the Transfer to provincial site button, make sure you have registered for all the program accounts you need because your session in BRO will end once you connect to one of the provinces.

For more information, go to:

Page details

Date modified: