Business Registration Online – Eligibility
Conditions you need to meet
You can use Business Registration Online (BRO) if you have all of the following:
- valid social insurance number (SIN)
- income tax return filed with the Canada Revenue Agency (CRA)
Restrictions you need to know
You cannot use BRO if you have any of the following:
- invalid SIN
- income tax return was never filed with the CRA
- GST/HST program account to register for:
- a business located in Quebec
- a non-resident business
- bare trust to register
- corporation income tax account to register for a business incorporated:
- federally with Innovation, Science and Economic Development Canada
- provincially in:
- British Columbia
- New Brunswick
- Nova Scotia
What if you are not eligible?
To find out about other ways you can register, go to How to register.
To get a social insurance number, go to Social Insurance number – Overview.
You can find out if you have to file a tax return and how to get, complete, and send a return at All about your tax return.
Guides and help
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: