Insurance premiums tax program account
The program identifier for this Canada Revenue Agency program account is RN. This program account is used for the administration of Part I, Insurance Premiums Other than Marine, of the Excise Tax Act.
The following people must register for a tax on insurance premiums program account:
- every person who, acting as a broker or agent, places or assists in obtaining or placing any contract of insurance entered into or renewed
- any insurer not incorporated under the laws of Canada or of any province,
- any insurer not formed in Canada, or
- any exchange having its chief place of business outside Canada or having a principal attorney-in-fact whose chief place of business is outside Canada,
that at the time the contract is entered into or renewed, is not authorized under the laws of Canada or of any province to transact the business of insurance, or
- with any insurer that, at the time the contract is entered or renewed, is authorized under the laws of Canada or of any province to transact the business of insurance, if the contract is entered into or renewed through a broker or agent outside Canada
For more information on registering for an excise tax insurance premium account, contact the Prince Edward Island Tax Centre at 1-877-432-5472.
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: