Softwood lumber products export charge
An export charge is levied under the Softwood Lumber Products Export Charge Act, 2006 on certain softwood lumber products exported to the United States. The Act became effective October 12, 2006.
The Softwood Lumber Agreement 2006 has expired. However, the Act remains in force for administrative purposes to cover things like late filing, corrections, or appeals.
These pages contain information for exporters of softwood lumber. For example, specific requirements under the Act, including calculating and remitting the export charge.
Services and information
- Softwood lumber notices to exporters
- Filing your softwood lumber products export charge return
- Pay your softwood lumber export charge
- Amending your softwood lumber return or claiming a refund
- Export permits for softwood lumber
- Softwood lumber exports legislation, regulations, forms and contacts
- Export charge rates
- Registry of certified independent remanufacturers
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: