Pay your softwood lumber export charge

All exporters of softwood lumber products to the United States must pay an export charge.

What you need to pay

Every month, the Canada Revenue Agency (CRA) sends an official receipt to people who are registered as softwood lumber exporters. The receipt is called a remittance voucher. The voucher is for the softwood lumber products export charge. It is sent about 30 days before the due date. If you do not get a voucher, call 1-800-935-0313.

When your payment is due

The payment due date is the last day of the month after the month you reported. Most of the time, a month of exports is called a reporting period. For example, you report exports for October. The payment due date would then be the last day of the next month or November 30.

If you mail the payment, the payment is not based on postage date. A payment is considered received when it is in the hands of the CRA or one of its agents. An example of an agent is an authorized financial institution.

How to pay

If your payment is $50,000 or more, you must pay it at your financial institution.

For more information on payment types and restrictions, go to Payments to the Canada Revenue Agency.

Related links

Report a problem or mistake on this page
Please select all that apply:

Thank you for your help!

You will not receive a reply. For enquiries, contact us.

Date modified: