Motor vehicle expenses

You can deduct expenses you incur to run a motor vehicle you use to earn business income.


To calculate the amount of motor vehicle expenses you can deduct, complete "Chart A – Motor vehicle expenses" of Form T2125.

If you are a partner in a business partnership and you incur motor vehicle expenses for the business through the use of your personal vehicle, you can claim those expenses related to the business on "Line 9943 – Other amounts deductible from your share of net partnership income (loss)" in part 6 of form T2125.

Forms and publications

Page details

Date modified: