International social security agreements and the Canada Pension Plan
If you are an employer who sends employees abroad or if you are a self-employed worker who provides services abroad and you contribute to the Canada Pension Plan (CPP), international social security agreements can help your business.
- Take advantage of the agreement between Canada and China
This new agreement takes effect January 1, 2017.
- Take advantage of the agreement between Canada and India
This new agreement takes effect August 1, 2015.
- What is the purpose of international social security agreements?
Table of countries that have an agreement with Canada
- Certificate of coverage
Who can apply? How to apply
- Social security agreements and the Quebec Pension Plan
Forms and publications
- To get an application form for a certificate of coverage, go to Countries that have an agreement with Canada and select the form number for the country of detachment.
- Information Circular IC84-6, Canada – United States Social Security Agreement
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: