Why teach taxes?
- is suitable for high school and post-secondary students
- can be used in economics, accounting, business, mathematics, consumer education, social studies, and second language courses
- contains 180 minutes of instruction and exercises
- is flexible and easy to teach
- promotes financial literacy
- the basics of taxation
- their rights and responsibilities as taxpayers
- why they pay taxes and how these taxes are used
- how to complete a simple tax return
What does the learning material include?
Teaching Taxes consists of:
- a teacher's manual (electronic only)
- a student workbook
- History of taxes in the world
- Canada's tax system and the Taxpayer Bill of Rights
- Understanding taxes
- Employment and taxes
- Completing a tax return
Get the learning material
Download and print
To download the teacher's manual and student workbook, complete the Registration form.
Order student workbooks (educators only)
To order student workbooks, complete the Order form.
We will deliver your order to your school in three to four weeks. If you place your order in December, we will mail it in mid-January.
For more information
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: