Completing a tax return
When preparing your tax return, you may have to refer to other guides, or complete some schedules and other forms which have more detailed information. To help you determine which you will need, see Other guides, schedules and forms you may need to complete your income tax and benefit return.
- Personal and address information
How to complete the identification area.
- Personal income
Find out how to report all types of personal income.
- Deductions, credits, and expenses
Find out all deductions, credits, and expenses you are eligible for.
- Tax slips
T4 slips, T5 slips, T3, RC62, RC210, and RRSP contribution receipt.
- Provincial and territorial tax and credits for individuals
- Filing due dates for the 2017 tax return
Forms and publications
- Amounts that are not taxed
- Getting a tax return
- Sending a tax return
- Learning about taxes
- RRSPs and related plans
- Farmers and fishers
- Individuals – Leaving or entering Canada and non-residents
- Sole proprietorships and partnerships
- Self-employed individuals
- Line 127 – Capital gains
- What to do when someone has died
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: