Deductions, credits, and expenses
Find information about the deductions and credits you can claim to reduce the amount you have to pay. You will also find information on where to claim these amounts on your income tax and benefit return or a related form or schedule.
Services and information
- Family, child care, and caregivers deductions and credits
Claim amounts for your children, eligible dependants, and spouse or common-law partner.
- Education deductions and credits
Find out if you can claim amounts for post-secondary and adult basic education, for yourself and others.
- Disability deductions and credits
Learn more about claiming amounts for someone with an impairment in physical or mental functions.
- Pension and savings plans deductions and credits
Claim amounts related to pension and savings income you reported, contributions, and more.
- Employment expenses and credits
Find out about claiming amounts related to your employment income, and more.
- Provincial and territorial tax and credits for individuals
Find out about provincial or territorial credits you may be entitled to in addition to your federal credits.
- All deductions, credits, and expenses
List of all deductions, credits, and expenses you may be able to claim when completing a personal income tax and benefit return.
- Climate action incentive
Find out if you can claim the climate action incentive payment.
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: