Questions and answers about Line 20600 – Pension adjustment

I need to know where I claim this pension adjustment amount on my Income Tax and Benefit Return.

The pension adjustment (PA) amount is reported on line 20600 of your Income Tax and Benefit Return. The PA can be found in box 52 of your T4 slip or box 34 of your T4A slip.

Do not include the PA amount as income, and do not deduct it on your Income Tax and Benefit Return. Simply enter this amount on line 20600. We will use it to calculate your registered retirement savings plan (RRSP) deduction limit, which we will show on your notice of assessment or notice of reassessment or T1028, Your RRSP Information for 2020.

I filed my Income Tax and Benefit Return late last year and forgot to enter my PA amount on line 20600. How will this affect me?

If you forget to report your PA, your RRSP deduction limit will be overstated for the following year, and you may have overcontributed to your RRSP.

You can request an adjustment to your Income Tax and Benefit Return to include the PA in one of several ways. You can either:

The adjustment may result in a change to the following year's RRSP deduction limit and therefore reduce the amount allowed as a deduction at line 20800.

Report a problem or mistake on this page
Please select all that apply:

Thank you for your help!

You will not receive a reply. For enquiries, contact us.

Date modified: