Can you claim moving expenses?
You do not qualify to deduct eligible moving expenses.
You said that:
- you are an employee or a self-employed individual who moved from outside Canada to a new work location in Canada, from Canada to a new work location outside Canada, or between 2 locations outside Canada
- you are a deemed or factual resident of Canada and the move was from one place where you ordinarily resided to live in another place where you will ordinarily reside
- you moved during the year and established a new home to start a new job or a business
- you earned employment income or self-employed income at your new location
- your new home that you established was not at least 40 kilometres closer to the new place of work or business than your previous home was
Return to Can you claim moving expenses?
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: