Line 255 - Northern residents deductions
There are two northern residents deductions:
- a residency deduction (Step 2 of Form T2222) for having lived in a prescribed zone; and
- a deduction for travel benefits (Step 3 of Form T2222) you received from employment in a prescribed zone that was included in your income.
- Do you qualify for the northern residents deductions?
- How to calculate the residency deduction?
- Can you claim the deduction for travel benefits?
- How much can you claim as a deduction for travel benefits?
- Completing your tax return
- Places located in prescribed zones
- Meal and vehicle rates used to calculate travel expenses for 2016 and previous years
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: